Sunday 17 March 2013

Sushi Pizza at South Vino

Sushi Pizza at More Vino

This is not a recipe or a review, I'm simply sharing my love for sushi, and my fun lunch I had yesterday at South Vino (More Vino's South restaurant).
 We tried the sushi pizza for the first time, and it was brilliant. Absolutely delicious. It started with a nori base with a thin layer of rice, with salmon, pineapple, olives, onion, colby jack and parmesan. It was so good on it's own, I didn't bother using wasabi or ginger, as I thought it would ruin it. On my last piece, I tried a bit of wasabi and regretted not having it on every piece. It costs a few dollars more than a roll, but you get twice as much and it tastes great. Something different, but not straying too far from the likes of sushi.
We also had a roll (can't remember the name), some wings and dumplings. We don't usually order anything other than a couple of rolls, but it was a nice change of pace.

Fried Dumplings with Sriracha Dipping Sauce

Sriracha Wings with Honey-Mustard Sauce

Salmon, cream cheese, shimp, tomato salsa and garlic sauce (roll).

Just a few other fun days of sushi:

Laughing Buddha

Kaizan

Kaizan

Yum, I could eat some more now!

No comments:

Post a Comment