Monday 14 April 2014

Meatless Monday: Peanut Butter Stir Fry with Black Bean Tofu


It's Meatless Monday again and I'm trying my hand at tofu again! I recently made a simple buffalo tofu and it was quite good! But, like I've said before, you can put Frank's on anything and it'll taste great! I've been trying tofu in many different ways to see if I can develop a taste for it but like for most things, the way in which something is prepared is most important. Fried or grilled eggplant tastes significantly different from "baigan choka", for example.
So, for dinner tonight, I prepared a peanut butter noodle stir fry with tofu in black bean sauce. Black bean sauce is sold in most supermarkets; it's quite inexpensive and tastes great. It can be used by itself or in combination with other Asian flavours. I tried peanut butter sauce for pasta a while ago, and while I was skeptical, I was pleasantly surprised. It's not overwhelming; the peanut adds a great nutty flavour, and the addition of a little sriracha gives it a bit of a kick.


The thing about cooking is that sometimes we just throw things together and hope for the best. So while a recipe is not always possible, sharing an idea and key ingredients is helpful. A stir fry is simple, but there are so many different ways in which it can be prepared, based on what you like, and what's available. You don't always have to worry so much about a recipe when you're cooking (baking is more precise, however), we all know what we like. Touch, smell, taste... you'll know when it's right!

1 comment:

  1. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. Great work.
    peanut butter sauce

    ReplyDelete