Monday 7 April 2014

Meatless Monday: Breakfast Burrito

This Meatless Monday, I decided to share a tasty (healthy) breakfast meal. Breakfast tends to become quite boring for us, but we forget how many different options there really are.


Breakfast burritos or wraps in general are extremely versatile. You can fill them with anything you like, and there are also a lot of different types of wraps, and flavoured wraps. For this one, I made a tofu scramble with cheese and black beans, and served it with a side of homemade salsa. I scrambled the tofu just as I would eggs, seasoning it well. I've never been a big fan of tofu so I'd probably prefer eggs, but I tried mixing it up and trying something healthy and new. It wasn't bad though, it just needs to be properly seasoned and cooked because tofu tends to be bland. The limey salsa was a really good addition too. The salsa was just tomatoes, onions, garlic, a little pickled jalapeno, chadon beni, lime juice, salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment