Wednesday 9 April 2014

Lemon Butter Escargot

What a great sister I am. Kidding (somewhat)! Why am I good sister absolutely no-one asks? Well, I'll tell you anyway. I like making people happy. A lot of times it might be through food, because it's what I know. We have to eat or at least we're supposed to, three times a day, every day. So it's a good option to gift food, always. My sister had a craving for escargot yesterday so I decided to make her happy. While sharing this dish, I'll also share my thoughts (a mini-review if you will) on canned escargot, Roland's, in particular.

(source)

It's the only brand of escargot that was available in the supermarket. I was a bit nervous at first because canned always has a particular "metallic" taste and also quite process. A lot of it tastes like its brine. I was pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture of these. With the addition of lemon, you could hardly (or not at all) tell it was from a can!


Lemon-Butter Escargot

  • 2 dozens large escargot
  • 2 Tbsp. softened butter
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 2 sprigs thyme
  • 2 small limes or lemons
  • Parmesan
  • salt and pepper to taste

Mix escargots together with butter, minced garlic, thyme leaves, lime zest and juice of one lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste. A pinch of red pepper flakes would also add a lovely spiciness. Top with grated Parmesan as desired. Broil on high for a few minutes until bubbly and brown. Serve with toasted garlic bread and lime slices.


No comments:

Post a Comment