Monday 31 March 2014

Meatless Monday: Veg Out

Whether you partake in Meatless Monday or you're meatless every day, Veg Out is a lovely little shop-type restaurant located in UWI, St. Augustine that has something for everyone. It's a special place because there are very few vegetarian and/or vegan restaurants in Trinidad. It's also the only one of its kind on the campus. The pastries are some of the best I've tried from many bakeries in Trinidad; buttery and flaky, even when it cools. They also now serve seasonal salads and have a variety of lunches every day of the week. The lunches are always pretty good so they sell out fast! Besides the boxed lunches, they have a small vegetarian sandwich selection (ready-made) if you're on the go or in a hurry. Recently, they've updated their tea and coffee selection. If you're a tea/coffee fan, definitely check them out. I must say however, my absolute favourite part of Veg Out is the service. It's like a big family whenever you enter; it's a warm and inviting environment that really makes you feel at home. They are always smiling and friendly and making conversation, making you feel like you've known them forever. Even if you're not a student and just in the area, stop by and say hi, try something... you won't regret it!


I forgot to mention that they sell local corn soup (one of my favourites!) on Fridays at lunch. These are probably some of the fastest selling items they have.
My camera battery died just after I took the first picture so it is all I got. However, I will try to remember to take a few more the next time I visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment