Monday 10 March 2014

Meatless Monday: Buffalo Chickpeas

It's been a while since I've been here. I have missed it but I'm still learning to not let my demotivating emotions get the better of me. Frank's (which is going to be the focus of my next post), is a wonderful vinegary cayenne hot sauce that's extremely popular for making buffalo wings. But I think you can put Frank's on anything and make it delicious! Recently, chickpeas has become more and more popular as a healthy snack alternative. In Trinidad, we make a lot of spiced roasted chickpeas as snacks, but not like these. Buffalo chickpeas is as good of an idea as it sounds. Why not buffalo everything? I've heard buffalo cauliflower is brilliant!


Buffalo Chickpeas

Simply combine all ingredients and bake at 375ºF for 20-30 minutes or until crispy.

These can be served in a number of ways or just eaten as a snack and it's still great. They can be used for filling for lettuce wraps with a little bleu cheese dressing or a little crumbled gorgonzola and some sour cream. Or maybe as a filling for a soft taco or a quesadilla? Or as a crunchy topping for salad? There are a lot of possibilities for these yummy little guys. I knew roasted chickpeas might be good, but I was thrilled with the results of making it buffalo! And the hot sauce is already so flavourful on its own, minimal ingredients and effort is required. I'm definitely making some buffalo cauliflower soon too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment