Sunday 28 April 2013

Product Review: Jell-O No Bake Cheesecake

Sometimes, we just don't have the time or energy or to make a dessert from scratch, especially something like cheesecake, or sometimes we just don't really know how. Maybe we need a dessert in a hurry, something that will impress, but something that isn't too complicated or time consuming. You can never fail with cheesecake; that's a fact! Well, actually, that's the more common belief. Unfortunately, I've never been a big cheesecake fan. Most cheesecakes I simply will not eat and few others are tolerable. I've made my own before, and I must admit, I enjoyed it thoroughly. That's the thing about a lot of foods I have tried before: I never really enjoyed them until I made them myself. It might sound weird or silly, but it's true. Back to the topic on hand...
A cheesecake here (in Trinidad), 8" and above goes for TT$100.00 and up. Some people don't always want to spend that money, some can't. The Jell-O No Bake Real Cheesecake Dessert goes for TT$25.00 or less for the smaller box, and less than TT$50.00 for the large box.

(source)

The awesome thing about this is that it's easy to personalize and it tastes great. I topped mine with caramel. (I wanted to mix in chocolate chips but I had no minis.) It takes minutes to mix and just an hour to set. It can stay in the refrigerator for days, so it's a great make ahead dessert. You can add/top it with fruit, chocolate, caramel, jelly... anything you desire. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed.

Here's a few awesome posts of recipes using this product:

1 comment:

  1. Something else to try making once finals are done :)

    ReplyDelete