Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016

So wonderful to be alive, to meet 2016. I do believe 2015 was a fantastic year, but this year seems to be the year of all thing grand! School is just around the corner; I'm nervous but very excited. Life is great, can't seem to have much to complain about. I am grateful to be blessed with a small group of wonderful people in my life, and I look forward to expanding my horizons, meeting new people and learning new things. The Christmas holidays was spent well... relaxation, reading, family and friends. What more could you ask for?
Christmas Eve dinner is a tradition for my family... Stuffed baked chicken, homemade bread and stuffing pie. This year, my sister, Ria, roasted a duck which was quite the treat for everyone.
My sister, Sandy, hosted a barbecue at her home on Boxing Day, filled with lots of laughter and junk food. Ria also became engaged on this day. It was eventful to say the least. And of course, her cute, huge dogs were there as a plus.




My friends visited me for Old Years (it's what we call New Years Eve here). My father barbecued as is tradition, and we rang in the year together with some bubbly. Another night beautifully spent.
I wish all blessings, and good fortune for everyone who crosses my path, especially you, if you are reading this. May 2016 be an amazing year for you, as I know it will be for me. See you soon!
What did you do for your holidays?

2 comments: