Sunday 21 July 2013

Friday Lunch at Jaffa

It hadn't occurred to me until yesterday, just how long it's been since I've written... anything. That also means I had completely forgotten about lunch at Jaffa, and only remembered to write about it when I did the brunch pictures post. I didn't take many pictures for this visit either, but, I will most definitely be returning, and will get pictures then. Their international lunch buffet goes for $190.00 TTD tax inclusive, which includes wine and coffee/tea. On Fridays, however, it includes sushi!


Here are some of the things that were available:

Potato-Pumpkin Soup
Shrimp Bique

Beef Empanadas
Baguettes
Three Other Types of Bread
(and butter)

Sushi (5+ types)
Sashimi (tuna and salmon)

Mussels
Shrimp Cocktail
Crab Salad
Deconstructed Garden Salad (including olives, croutons, mushrooms etc.)
Mediterranian Salad
Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad
5+ Dressings
Cold Cuts (ham, turkey etc.)
5+ Types of Cheeses (and crackers)
Chicken Liver Pate

Fried Rice Pilaf
Steamed Vegetables
Snapper (can't remember the preparation)
Tandoori chicken
Linguine Pie
Pork Loin
Beef Tenderloin

Ice Cream
Creme Caramel
Creme Brulee
Chocolate Mousse
Coconut Mousse
Gateau Opera
Carrot Cake
Cheesecake
Sponge Cake
Brownies
Eclairs
Profiteroles

Red/White Wine

We obviously would not have been able to try everything, but all that we did, were great. Their (hot) lunch station isn't my favourite part, to be honest, but some of the options are quite brilliant. The tandoori chicken was delicious, and my sister tried the fish which she said was wonderfully textured and flavourful. The sushi was good as well... Not the best, seeing as it's not their specialty, but definitely good. My sister was a bit too excited when she saw the sushi and filled up on that a little too early. It may also be because it was her first visit there and she wasn't sure how to pace herself well. She also took some soup at the beginning which she could not finish. I've never really been quite impressed with their soup. It's okay, just a bit too strongly-flavoured to be a starter. The cream based soups are far too intense unless you're also taking bread for dipping. Eating it as is hasn't been the best idea yet... but I've only tried few of their soups, so I cannot make a generalization. I will be returning for afternoon tea this week, I'll post some pictures then!

No comments:

Post a Comment