Thursday 26 July 2018

2017 into 2018: My Last School Year

Good morning! I have returned.
So much has happened in the past year and a half that I have been gone. As usual, I would love to share my past year through some photos, and then we'll talk about what I am up to now!

Even though I intended on making a schedule and finding time to write, my school semesters just became more and more hectic and all consuming. The projects piled on, especially crazy stressful group work and my time management skills seemed to go out the window. But, I had the opportunity to learn so much, and my practical classes were a lot of fun!

Of course, with all the stress I encountered for my last year of school, I seized the opportunities to travel when I could. These trips were amazing but I'll write more about it in the next post!

(Click to enlarge photos... trust me!)

Baking 2:

They were a little ugly, but delicious!

Layers

Pastries

Layers and layers and layers...

Vol-au-vents

Coffee and Vanilla creme bruleé

Total Local: Fry bake (floats), coconut bake and sada roti.

Chokas and more!

Nouvelle Cuisine:








Garde Manger
One of my absolute favourite practical courses, though it was difficult at times to achieve exactly what I wanted, I learned so much and enjoyed every moment of it.



My stingray etching inspired by Moana.




My first rose on the right vs. my third rose on the left.
Loved looking at my improvement.


Facilities Layout and Design
This was the most time consuming group assignment we ever did. For this course, we were required to build a model of a restaurant, along with a written report of our choices. We worked on this almost every single free moment we had. We were very thrilled with the result.







My last semester was the most difficult of them all. For this semester, I did my Final Function, as it is called, where we were put in groups to plan and successfully execute a banquet for 50 persons. Trying to balance all my different assignments in addition to the heavy load of being appointed Head Chef for this event was trying, to say the least. However, despite several setbacks, our function was successful.


What now?
Well, one day ago, I jumped on a plane and landed in...
Jamaica!!! Flag For Jamaica Emoji (Google Hangouts / Android Version)
I was accepted to do my internship in Montego Bay with a well-known company for the duration of six months. This internship will be the last requirement before I graduate, but it is so much more. It is an opportunity to put what I have learned into practice and continue learning even more. I will be able to experience the industry and see what it is like, meet a lot of wonderful people and immerse myself into the culture of Jamaica. I am very excited to see where this goes and to have an amazing time in Jamaica. Wish me luck! 🍀

No comments:

Post a Comment