Sunday 1 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017!


It's been almost a year since I've written anything and what a year it has been! There are so many memes floating around the internet about 2016 being the worst year for the majority of people but it has been quite the opposite for me. Without a doubt, 2016 has been the best year of my adult life. So much has happened - a lot of ups and downs, beginnings and endings, love, loss, happiness, sadness, stress... so much stress... but it's all been absolutely wonderful. Where do I start?

Some of the amazing people who got me through this year and made it special.
I can never express how grateful I am for the love and support.
I began school in February, 2016 at Trinidad and Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute. I honestly did not know what to expect but I was nervous. It's been amazing thus far. The year has flown by like nothing, just like we were told it would. I can hardly believe I've completed an entire year already. The journey is still only just beginning and I'm excited to be making a blog schedule so I can actually share more of it this year. Managing my time last year seemed almost impossible. Having 16 hour days sometimes, I questioned if I'd be able to do it or if I would give up. I've gotten ill from pushing too hard, barely able to move at the end of some days and falling asleep every chance I get because it was exhausting. And though it was crazy, tiresome and stressful, I wouldn't change a thing. It didn't take much for me to remember how lucky and blessed I have been this year and somehow, in everything I did, even some of it I wasn't sure I would be able to, it has brought me so much joy. Every day in my commute to school, I see the ocean. I look at the gentle waves and it calms me, makes me feel peaceful and I smile... I smile because I remember how lucky I am. I've made some amazing friends and learned so much, more than I imagined I would. I do have a lot to learn still but I'm excited to be learning more and more every day.










In March, our family became just a little bit bigger as my sister gave birth to the most amazing little boy that we all immediately fell in love with. Caelum, the light of all of our lives, just his presence brings happiness to any and everyone around him. He's now 10 months old and already has so much personality. He's quite brilliant, and it's lovely being able to see him (though not enough with my crazy schedule) grow and learn.



I'll keep this short and as not-boring as possible. I'm hoping my time management skills have improved in the past year and one of my main resolutions for 2017 is to not procrastinate. I admit to having let time get the better of me so many times throughout the year but I made it through and I'm determined to make this year an even better one. I have more on my plate, certainly, but there are a few things that I can do to optimize my time even more. The Student Services Manager of my school is actually the one who motivated me to start back writing, unintentionally. I do enjoy writing about my experiences and sharing it, especially as I no longer use a lot of social media. I'm so glad I've taken so many steps in the right direction in 2016 and I can already see that it's leading to a bright and prosperous 2017.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017! 
May all your dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. Happy new year to you too! Glad I am here to share yet another year with you! =) ily

    ReplyDelete